Sunday, June 16, 2019

HCI Reading Journal - Journal #2 Research Paper Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 500 words

HCI Reading Journal - Journal 2 - Research Paper casingHowever I must add that an interface goes beyond this. It might blend in strange nevertheless I think I have close to emotional attachment to my Smartphone its interface is so interactive and convenient that I sometimes feel incomplete without it. It has totally changed m experience in some ways.My nephew who is about 2 years is fond of me he would jump at the sound of my voice. But that was before I realized that after the normal compress he would go straight for my phone and keep pressing the screen and motioning me to open an application that has an animation of a cat that would repeat any sound he makes. I could see he was excited and totally loved it. I thought this was normal but once we started this class I was adequate to understand the role played by design. According to Heim (2008), cognitive aspect of design determines the effectiveness of the interface. At this early age the kid was able to pretend a perceptio n of the interface and consequently create an attachment. In essence, the interface was able to achieve its purpose due to the adequate thought put into its cognitive design.In my local town, there is an ATM boot that has three ATM machines placed in one row. The machines work alright and are very convenient. I did not see any problem in this setup until I read in Heims text about the consideration of public computers in carnal knowledge to work space. In his argument, Heim (2008) postulates that design should consider the working space needed for a particular device. This opened my mind regarding the ATM machines the working space is so small you literally can brush your shoulders when moving from one machine to another. This not only affects the comfort that should be accorded to a public computer but most importantly infringes on privacy. This is something that needs to be addressed in public computing devices that are used by hundreds of people in a

No comments:

Post a Comment