Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Literacy Narrative Essay -- Personal Narrative Literacy Education

Throughout my childhood, the idea of having a college education was greatly stressed. As a result, it was my duty as the undermentioned generational child, to excel in my studies and achieve a life of prosperity and success. Learning became the basic creation of my growth. Therefore, my youth was overtaken by many hours spent haveing and make-up what was know to be correct Standard English. I first found this to be a great shortcoming, but as I grew older, I began to crystalise the many rewards acquired by having the ability to be literate. During adolescence, I began reading and written material through a fundamental learning program called, Hooked on Phonics. This program consisted of long hours spent reading short newfangleds and writing elemental phrases which were commonly taught in the second and third grade. With the motto, Improve your childs reading and writing skills in just four weeks I was bound to become the next Mark Twain. The method of this course sp ecialized in the improvements of word accomplishment rates as well as reading speed however, it lacked in the area of teaching comprehension. At a young age, I was instilled with the portentous need to be highly educated and although I was unable to feel a fun and adventurous childhood like many other children, I am grateful for being raised with a great knowledge and wisdom than that ingrained in many. From my past experiences, I engender gr consume to prefer reading over writing. When I am reading, I can visualize the text in any way that I see fit. It is almost as if I am rewriting the novel using the illusions that I feel express the words in a passage. For example, in the current independent novel I am reading, it portrays a woman of high stature who is able to lure ... ... that sort of answer to the reading. Lastly, I can read at my own pace. I use up no obligation to read speedily in order to search as though I have no complications with the words in the text. In my opinion, people should be given the right to speak and read in any language that they wish. Although, it may benefit them to be knowing in the speech that is being taught and spoken in the common country, everyone has their own cultural background and each has the right to be literate in the way that they desire. They were given the right to freedom of speech through the premiere Amendment of the Bill of Rights and therefore, have the right to speak in their own natural language. Literacy plays a major role in the lives of humans today. It gives us the billet to read, speak and write and is therefore a valuable asset to community and the development of its economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment